Your garage door and opener may be brand new or it may have a few miles it, either way your garage door and garage door opener is a device that should be checked monthly to ensure that it operates safely and efficiently. How can you tell if you are in need of garage door maintenance? Here are a few tests that you can perform monthly to assess the health of your garage door opener.
1) The Visual Test – With your garage door closed, simply look over all parts of the garage door including the springs, rollers, pulleys and all mounting hardware. Look for signs of cable wear and fraying. If you spot something that doesn’t look right, call your garage door repair specialist.
2) The Balance Test – With the door closed, disconnect the automatic garage door opener. Try to lift the door manually. It should lift smoothly with little resistance and stay open. If it has a tendency to stick or even close you should call your garage door opener repair specialist.
3) The Obstruction Test – With your garage door open, press the button to close the door. Next, hold up the bottom of the door with your hands. The door should stop and easily reverse. If it continues to close pull your hands away (don’t fight the door) and call your garage door opener repair specialist.
Make Time For The Important Things
If you have children and/or pets, you especially need to make time for regular garage door opener service. You should have your garage door inspected for signs of wear regularly. Garage Door Excellence offers comprehensive garage door opener service which includes inspection of vital components such as the springs, lubricating the door and also checking the little sensors that send the door back up if something is in the way. This is really important if you have children or pets. For all your garage door opener service and repair needs call or contact Garage Door Excellence today! (503) 545-9390
Garage Door Excellence Offers These Services In The Portland OR Area:
- Broken Spring Repairs
- Cables Off Repairs
- Off Track Door Repairs
- New Residential Door & Garage Door Opener Installations
- General & Preventative Maintenance
- All Garage Door Repairs & Services
- Same Day Service
- 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
- Free Door Install Estimates