A garage is an important section of any home. The garage is where you keep important things like your car, tools and store seasonal or recreational items. A nice garage door can add aesthetic appeal to any home as well. Because your garage gets so much family traffic your garage door opens and closes often, so it is important to make sure that that your garage door is safe and secure in order to avoid accidents. There are several tips that a homeowner should keep in mind to improve garage door safety and protect your home and family:
- Use of Garage Door Safety Cables – If you garage door does not have safety cables now it would be wise to have them installed without delay. Why? The springs in your garage door opener can fail for a number of reasons including age and manufacturing defects. When they fail they often do so in spectacular fashion, due to the tension they are under. Broken garage door springs can literally hurl themselves across the garage and bounce off the walls in the blink of an eye, injuring anyone in its path. Safety cables are threaded through the spring so that in the event of a failure the spring stays in place, protecting your family and yourself.
- Examine Your Garage Door Cables- Garage door cables are connected to the brackets on the garage door and to the spring itself, usually by a pulley. As an integral part of the extension system once a garage door cable breaks or fails the garage door will become inoperable. Examine the cables periodically (every few months) to ensure that there is no fraying or obvious weak points developing on the cable itself.
- Check Garage Door Windows- Many homeowners have windows on their garage doors, these windows and their frames should be inspected frequently for signs of rotting or deterioration. While a rotted frame won’t hurt the mechanics of your garage door it can be an easy entry point for burglars looking for a way in.
Portland OR Premier Garage Door Repair Experts
These are just a few tips that can make your garage door safe and secure but to enjoy full peace of mind a professional garage door maintenance and repair company should be brought in to perform a thorough inspection. Garage Door Excellence specializes in repairing, installing and troubleshooting even the most difficult of problems. Our goal is to utilize our skills and knowledge in providing the best possible customer service with the highest quality workmanship. When it’s time to have your garage doors serviced, Portland OR turns to Garage Door Excellence. Call or contact us today to request your estimate! (503) 545 – 9390
Garage Door Excellence Offers These Services In The Portland Or Area:
- Broken Spring Repairs
- Cables Off Repairs
- Off Track Door Repairs
- New Residential Door & Garage Door Opener Installations
- General & Preventative Maintenance
- All Garage Door Repairs & Services